Successfully taking SBI PO is a skill that generally requires a great deal of practice. Scoring high is not just about revoking everything you have learned in SBI PO syllabus throughout the preparation. Equal importance lies on the time management skills during the exam.
Learning to manage the pace adequately during SBI PO so that ample time to work on each part of the exam is left at hand. Effective time management can help ensure that you complete the whole SBI PO Syllabus and do well in the SBI Probationary Officer Exam.
This article will walk you through some realistic and important time management tips for the SBI PO exam.
Tips for Time Management in SBI PO
- Knowing the exam format: Whether it is a Probationary Officer exam or any other competitive exam, you should always try to understand the latest format of the exam pattern beforehand. This will help to strategize and give ideas about how to approach the study materials.
- Study Schedule is a must: Creating a timetable for studies that is realistic and one to which you can commit is really important. Time schedule for each subject or topics of SBI PO syllabus ensures that you devote enough time to studying and establishes a pattern for you. Study schedules also help to manage time when you get into the actual exam.
- Reconsidering weak points: Devoting extra time to work on your weak areas helps in a few ways. It lets you be better prepared for questions that aren’t your strong suit. This will allow you to spend much less time worrying about the questions when you encounter them on the exam paper. Additionally, it will help develop strategies for dealing with such questions efficiently and quickly.
- Read every question: When you get the exam paper it is advised that you go through each and every line of the question paper. Skimming through the question paper helps find important information related to the examination that might be tucked away and you will also figure out which questions are easy or you would answer, if given a choice.
- First attempt easy questions: A sound time-management strategy says that during the exam one should answer the easy questions first. The idea behind it is that you allow yourself extra time to work on the difficult sections. You will do such questions quickly, probably quicker than you had thought for while preparing for SBI PO syllabus. This way, you will never skip any question thinking that it is difficult and will not run the risk of never returning to the question you have skipped.
- Prioritize questions of worth: To save time, focus on the questions that are worth the most points but only after you are done with all easy questions. For example, doing one question of 20 marks is worth more time than spending time on 10 questions for 10 points.
- Keep an eye on the Clock: Most importantly, to keep a check on time management, see to it that you take your own watch as there may not be a clock on the wall and of course, you are not allowed to take a cell phone in the examination hall. Therefore, to stick to the time you alloted to yourself, it is important to take your own watch without fail.
You might feel a little anxious while taking the SBI PO exam and might want to hurry up and get over with the test, but pacing yourself is what you call time management. So, pace adequately and no need to hurry as you might make a critical mistake.